This plugin is a free part of the Geocode Factory for Community Builder Component and exists in a PRO version, containing a silent geocode process (during registration and profile update).
The Geocode Factory CB plugin allows you to display a map in a user tab, and allows the user and admin to geocode the user position from the enterd address (city, street, country, zipcode).
Another feature from the PRO version is to import coordinates from existing CB Fields.
The main features are:
- display a tab in the user profile
- display a map in a tab of the user profile, with a marker at the user address
- display the user's coordinates in a tab of the user profile
- allows the user to geocode it's own position with a geocode button during the edition of an exisiting profile
- allows the user to pick a point or dragg it's own markder on a map, to afine it's position
- all maps are full customisable (size, controls, display, ...)
- It's possible to geocode the user, but not with a complete precision? Yes, a way is to set only the country, city, and zip code informations into the parameters. In this case the user position is only positionned on the city, and not on the street.
- I have a another geo componement for CB (like Geocode factoy, Geocode user for CB, ...), is this plugin compatible? Yes, if your other app use 2 fields for store the coordinates, you can enter the name of theses fields and synchronise the values (PRO). After you need to change the coordinates fields in the component in (cb_plug_lat, and cb_plug_lng)